The Chinese government has today said it has received reports of nine new confirmed cases of the coronavirus on the Chinese mainland. The Chinese National Health Commissioner disclosed that all the new cases were imported, saying amongst the nine cases; three were reported in Liaoning and Shanghai each, two in Guangdong while one in Sichuan.
The health agency also revealed that there are no deaths reported in relation to the newly reported cases.
The statement reads;” On Wednesday, 42 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery.”By the end of Wednesday, a total of 1,958 imported cases had been reported on the mainland.”Of them, 1,884 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery, and 74 remained hospitalized, with no one in serious conditions.”No deaths from the imported cases had been reported.”
As of Wednesday, the overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 83,581 including 357 patients, who were still being treated, with five in severe conditions.
”Altogether, 78,590 people had been discharged after recovery, and 4,634 had died of the disease on the mainland,” the commission said.
Meanwhile, the commission added that about five people, including two from outside the mainland, were also suspected to be infected with the coronavirus.
It said, 3,840 persons were identified through contact tracing and were isolated for observation while 706 amongst them were being discharged from the isolation center yesterday.