Nigeria’s Efe Ajagba on Saturday won his professional career after knocking out America’s Luke Lyons in their heavyweight bout in New Jersey. Ajagba needed less than three minutes to defeat his opponent to continue his unbeaten run since he turned pro in July. The fight was one of the undercards in the World Boxing Super Series showdown between Murat Gassiev and Krzystof Wlodarczyk.

Carlos Takam has replaced Kubrat Pulev as the challenger to world heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua on October 28 after a shoulder injury forced the Bulgarian to withdraw. Pulev had been the mandatory challenger to the IBF and WBA champion but misses out on his second world-titlle fight after hurting his shoulder while sparring.

A record breaking 70,000 tickets have been sold for the World heavyweight showdown between Anthony Joshua and mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev on Oct. 28 at Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales. Fans snapped approximately 70, 000 tickets that went on sale Monday according to Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn.

British Professional Boxer, David Haye said he wants to face reigning World Heavyweight Champion Anthony Joshua in 2018 in the "biggest fight ever on the UK soil." Haye who is recovering from an achille injury that contributed to his defeat to Tony Bellew in March 2017 hinted that negotiations were still ongoing for a rematch in December. He enthused that if Bellwe was knocked out by December, the next target would be Joshua. He said the fight would be the biggest in UK history.

Unified world heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua, 27, will return to the ring to face Kubrat Pulev on October 28, at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff bout was confirmed on Tuesday. Joshua aims to defend his heavyweight titles after unifying the IBF, WBA Super and IBF heavyweight titles in enthralling fashion against Wladimir Klitschko, in front of a record breaking crowd at Wembly.