Former Heavyweight Champion Anthony Joshua is set for a rematch against Heavyweight rival, Oleksandr Usyk, Eddie Hearn, Joshua's promoter confirmed. Hearn said the fight is expected to take place in March, next year in the UK. “He (Joshua) has got his head back in the game,” Hearn told DAZN on Saturday.
“He is training now and today we officially triggered the rematch for the Oleksandr Usyk fight, which we’ll see early next spring.
“We’re looking for him to become three-time world champion.
“A few niggles in camp for AJ, Usyk had a bad cut, it’s officially triggered, we’ll sit down with K2 Promotions and I think March is when you’ll see that fight.
“This was a disappointing loss to a pound-for-pound great. We don’t need to get back in the game with 10-rounders, he needs to rip those belts off Usyk,” Hearn added.
Vigil360news report that Joshua lost his IBF, WBO, WBA, and IBO titles to Usyk following a unanimous decision last week.
Usyk, who was the cruiserweight champion became the World's Heavyweight champion after he defeated Joshua.