Ebola Scare Rocks Uganda Over Suspected Death

Top News
Typography

Ugandan authorities yesterday announced that thirteen people have been quarantined following their contact with a body suspected to have been infected with Ebola Virus.

 

The Ugandan Ministry of Health and World Health Organisation (WHO) made the disclosure in a joint statement, where they said the 13 people are relatives of the deceased who went to repatriate the body Bunia Hospital in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

The statement also said the deceased, who was admitted in the hospital since November 2018 developed Ebola-like symptoms and died on Friday. The deceased, 46 years had been working and residing in DRC for the past eight years.

However, his death certificate indicates cardiac failure and pulmonary tuberculosis were the causes of death.

Meanwhile, the ministry of health will today conduct a befitting burial for the deceased. Series of tests are being carried out to ascertain the health status of the 13 quarantined relatives and the Ugandan authorities have continued to take preventive measures as the hemorrhagic fever has a high fatality rate

BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS